Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Thatchers First Halloween Night!

For our first Halloween as a family of 3 we all got dressed up! I typically am not one for costumes, but last years Halloween episode of parenthood inspired me to want to be a family who dresses up. I decided this at about 5:30 Halloween night so Jimmy and I had to do the best we could with our closets! It was actually really fun. We started out with the idea of being hippies, which turned into me looking like Pocahontas. We then decided we would try cowboy and indian theme. Fail for me again, but Jimmy's cowboy costume was perfect! I then tried to be an 80's workout instructor. Also fail. I then decided to attempt to be Kat Von D. I put black sequence spandex on as well as cut up Jimmys shirt from her tattoo shop 'high voltage'. I also drew tattoos on my face and chest and wore heavy makeup. To finish my costume off I wore my fake sleeve tattoo my mom bought me. Finally a success!

After Jimmy and I were dressed we got Thatcher dressed in his little monster costume and got our candy out and sat on our porch until dark passing out candy. It was so much fun! We got to see the people in our neighborhood and everyone seemed to love Thatchers costume. I mean, whats not to love about that cute monster. I have also made friends with the little kids two doors down and when they came to our door it was dark so we were inside and they asked to see Thatchers costume. It was pretty sweet.

Cousin Wy was also a little monster (like I have said, Lisa and I like to dress the boys the same). Wy looked so cute that he's bringing his costume down this weekend for a picture of them as twins! Keep on the look out for that!!

All in all it was a really fun first Halloween as our family of three dressed up!




No comments:

Post a Comment