Friday, September 2, 2011

4 Months.

On Tuesday our little Thatcher Ace turned 4 months. Crazy. All day on Tuesday I kept thinking, 4 months ago I was in labor. That is crazy to me for a few reasons. One, I can not believe its already been 4 months, and two, sometimes I don't realize I have labored and delivered a child. I know it sounds weird, but I think because I slept mostly all day the day that I was in labor sometimes it is so crazy to think about. Does that make any sense or am I just sounding so weird? Ha.

Today, we had Thatchers 4 month well-check. We have a really awesome peditrician. He takes his time with us and never makes us feel like we are asking too many questions, or like he doesn't have time for us. I being a new mom am very thankful for that. Ive been anxiously waiting getting Thatch's "stats". I am first off happy to announce he is very healthy and is growing right on track! Thatcher weighs 14 pound 10 oz, and is in the 47%, he is 25 1/4 inches long and is in the 64%, and his head is 42.5 cm and in the 58%. We asked the doctor if he thought Thatch was teething because he is so drolly lately and always has something in his mouth. He said that usually around 4 months a lot of babies "mock teethe", where they have all of the symptoms of teething but teeth don't actually come in until 7 or so months. It was very interesting to hear. Thatcher also got some shots today. Sad. So sad. He only got two today and at first when the nurse shot his little leg it didn't affect him. Two seconds later he scrunched his whole face and held his breathe while she gave him the last shot then belted out a huge sad cry. Broke my heart. Poor guy. Luckily this time he didn't get any knots in his legs from the shots, and he was in his happy mood when we went on our family walk tonight.

I took this picture of our little mongoose in the sink tonight after bath. I look at it and seriously can not believe how big (and handsome) he is. I just LOVE him. Those eyes melt my heart.


1 comment: