Wednesday, August 31, 2011

A Week With The Robesons'

Last week was a pretty low key week ( I think... I find myself being very forgetful these days). As I shared in the post just below, we decided to dedicate last week to dropping Thatcher's "dream feed". I am extra happy to report that the feed is officially dropped. Our little guy, who turned 4 months yesterday (can you believe it?!), sleeps from about 7:50 p.m to 7:30 a.m. I am so proud of him! He is just a champ of a little man.

Also last week I decided to branch out and try new meals for dinners. I have a new obsession with the "pioneer woman's blog". I love every recipe I have made of hers. Im not going to lie, they are pretty creamy and hearty, but who doesn't love a cheesy meal? We had stuffed shells and sour cream enchiladas from her blog. YUM. Both of those dishes will become regulars on our family menu. We also started taking family walks after dinner. It is so nice and Thatcher loves being outside. I can't wait to take family walks in the fall!

Thatcher and I were lucky enough to have two very special lunch dates last week. First we had lunch with Megan, who is part of the Duddy clan. It is always so fun to see Megs and catch up with her. We also got to see Shea and meet baby B, who is so adorable by the way! Our second lunch date was with Auntie Jenna. We met for lunch and spent so much time chatting about anything and everything. That is one of the reasons why I love Jenna...endless conversation.

Tuesday night Jimmy's sister, Sharrah, came over for dinner and to visit with Thatcher. We had yummy stuffed zucchini for dinner and Sharrah made some yummy cookies with 3 different cereals in them. YUM. Im not sure if you've noticed but most of my fun events tend to revolve around food. What can I say, I just love food!

Wednesday my dear friend Mallory came by to visit with Thatcher and I for a little bit. It was a short visit but any visit with Mal is worth it. We made plans for Sunday morning; we decided that we were going to get donuts and share a breakfast burrito. YUM again.

This weekend my grandma was in town and so we spent some special family time together. My mom, grandma and sister in law Katie went to see "The Help" this weekend. It was so good that I would definitely see it again. It was a fun treat because now-a-days getting to the movies is not as easy as it once was! I am so thankful for my family.

Im pretty sure thats all for last week!















No comments:

Post a Comment